Book - The Great Cholesterol Con
The Great Cholesterol Con
The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It
by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
Statins are widely prescribed to lower the blood cholesterol levels and claim to offer unparalleled protection against heart disease.
Believed to be completely safe and capable of preventing a whole series of other conditions, they are the most profitable drug in the history of medicine.
In this groundbreaking book, GP Malcolm Kendrick exposes the truth behind the hype. He will change the way we think about cholesterol forever.
Rubbishing the diet-heart hypothesis, in which clinical trials 'prove' that high cholesterol causes heart disease and a high-fat diet leads to heart disease,
Kendrick lambastes a powerful pharmaceutical industry and unquestioning medical profession, who, he claims, perpetuate the madcap concepts of 'good' and 'bad' cholesterol and cholesterol levels to convince millions of people to unnecessarily spend billions of pounds on statins.
Clearly and comprehensively debunking assumptions on what constitutes a healthy lifestyle and diet, The Great Cholesterol Con is the accessible, indispensable and absorbing case against statins and for a more common-sense approach to heart disease and general wellbeing.
No more over-hyped miracle drugs; no more garlic, red wine, anti-oxidants, fruit or vegetables; even a vegetarian diet is rejected in this controversial yet authoritative critique of how we have been mislead over food and drugs affect our coronary health.
Here for the first time, is the invaluable guide for anyone who thought there was a miracle cure for heart disease; The Great Cholesterol Con is a fascinating breakthrough that will set dynamite under the whole area.
Table of Contents
- What is heart disease, anyway?
- What is cholesterol, anyway? (And what's a fat?)
- You cannot have a cholesterol level
- What are statins and how do they work?
- The rise and rise of the cholesterol hypothesis
- Eat whatever you like (Diet has nothing to do with heart disease)
- A raised cholesterol/LDL level does not cause heart disease
- Statins and heart disease
- What causes heart disease?
- The stress hypothesis – does it fit the facts?
- Other forms of stress
About the AuthorDr. Kendrick is a GP in Macclesfield UK. He writes for Pulse magazine in the UK, and redflagsweekly, an online health magazine based in Canada. He has written technical papers on insulin resistance and multiple sclerosis.
- Author: Dr Malcolm Kendrick
- Details: Paperback - 270 pages, John Blake Publishing
- ISBN: 9781844543601